Sunday 21 December 2008

Felucca down the Nile

We spent 2 nights sailing - a very relaxing time except for the mozzies on the first night. We were joined by 3 young guys - 2 from Oz and 1 from UK. Check out the cooking facilities on the boat - he cooked and served all meals; breakfast, lunch and tea. Brian had a swim and I went in up to my waist! It was cold but like NZ waters you sooned warmed up. There were no toilet facilities on the boat - if you needed to go we just had to tell the crew ( 2 local Nubians) and they would pull over to land and off we'd go....an interesting experience. Luckily I didn't find out there were no toilets on the boat until we were just about to board!!
If you want to see the photos larger just click on any photo on the slideshow and it will take you to the Bubbleshare website
BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lynne and Brian it's so much fun dipping in to your website every so often - glad someone else has the same travel bug I do. It brought back so many memories seeing you in Egypt...I once lived in Israel and biked around Egypt ( imagine 2 bikes on the felucca as well as the tourists!) Merry Christmas...have a great one and make up for the holidays with many more to come

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
Have a merry Christmas. What fun it is looking at your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Hi that last comment was from Raylene and Jon - I couldn't remember my google paasword.

Geoffrey said...

We visited a farm during our felucca journey. I still remember the young boy climbing like a monkey onto my shoulders and then whipping me like a donkey.