Saturday 16 May 2009

Counting down

Only 6 more weeks till the end of our first contract and we'll be flying back to NZ. I'm getting very excited about seeing everyone again. I remember back to when I was making that hard decision to come up to Qatar and thinking that an 8 month contract wasn't that long and the time will fly - well I have to say a lot has happened in those 8 months and it seems like a long time ago since we were in NZ.
Today we woke up to a dust storm. Here is a before and after shot.
At 6.30 in the morning yesterday it was 38 degrees rising to an unofficial 45 during the day. It was hot but generally I'm working in air con so it's not too bad. When we leave the school, walking to the car the heat is OK because you feel like you need a bit of warming up after being inside all morning. Then after 10 mins or so the air con in the car starts to kick in.

Last weekend we went on a fishing trip on a big old dhow. Here are a couple of photos

1 comment:

Geoffrey said...

Is it very windy during a dust storm? Do you get sand blasted? I couldn't see Brian fishing on the boat. Keep trying Brian.